Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Surviving NaNoWriMo

Hey guys. So I just realized it's past noon and I don't have a blog post up yet.

Yup.

So I've, for obvious reasons, NaNoWriMo on the brain.

So, how do I survive NaNoWriMo?

Barely.

I have never passed the 50,000 word mark, but that will change this year. (But then again I said the same thing last year and during JulNoWriMo '12... well, this time I mean it.)


ANYWAY!

Everyone always talks about a Survival Kit. The stuff you HAVE to have for NaNoWriMo, or sometimes, writing in general.

Well, I have never typed up a list of what I consider MUST haves.

Really, if I did it'd be a short list.

Like, the only thing I need is my laptop (with wall charger).

BUT! Stuff that I prefer to have... that's another list entirely.


  • Laptop 
    • Charger
  • Notebooks
  • Pens/Pencils
  • Coffee/Tea/Caffeine
  • Chocolate (dependent upon my mood)
  • Nuts/Dried fruits (For some healthy snacking)
  • Veggie platter (with ranch dip. Mmm)
  • NaNo Notebook (different from regular notebooks in that it has all my planning)
  • Blanket/Other warm clothing. (Our house is kept quite cool)
  • Head phones
  • I-pod (if I turn off the internet)

Hmm. I think that's about it for me. Like I said, I've never typed up a list. 

So, that's what I will have to survive NaNoWriMo. 

Happy Writing!

Food For Thought

What are your needs/must haves for writing?
What do you prefer to have?
Music or no music?

1 comment: